Thursday, January 27, 2011

Friends

In the last two days I have been blessed by phone calls from two long time girls friends. Having a girl friend for 20 to 30 years is a long time, but that does not make them or me old.

One called to check out my trip to Africa and to get some details. As we chatted, she shared that she and her husband were going on a cruise for the first time in the spring with family. How fun and exciting it was to share our joys and anticipations for our upcoming adventures. Plans were made for a gathering of picture sharing and laughter later in the year.

My other good friend called on her way to another trip to be the caregiver to her in-laws who are in failing health. We are in that generation where we have parents who are presenting health problems and some are greater than others. She has already cared for her own parents and lost both of them not long ago. Now she is caring for her in-laws and it looks as if one will be lost soon. She has been my encourager many times in the past and I am so glad that I can be there to hear her concerns and encourage her.

Friendships are one of life's greatest blessings and make every day a great day!

1 comment: