Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm HOME

After too many hours on two planes and a long layover in London with a delay due to mechanical difficulties, we finally arrived back to Raleigh, NC a little after 6pm Tuesday night. I spent the first night at Mary's house as it became very evident that I was too tired to drive home. Mary made up my usual bed in the basement and I crashed sometime around 9 and reappeared almost 12 hours later. After finally washing off all of the Kenya dust and the airplane stuff, I felt human again. I drove home and just got reacquainted with my house. I was so pleased that I had taken the extra time to clean off all of the counters as it was very welcoming. I picked up the mail and paid the bills. Went to the grocery and had some supper. Then....I slept in my own wonderful bed. Heaven! It is great to go, but is so good to come home to the familiar.

I have not downloaded my pictures to the computer, but I am going to be with my daughters and their husbands tomorrow for my Birthday celebration and if I haven't figured it out by then, I'm sure one of them will take it over. I so want to show you what I have tried to say in words. This trip to Kenya was all that I had hoped it would be and maybe it was more. I am still working all of that out in my mind and don't have all the words yet, but when I do I will share them. I have had a good day, I hope you have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment