Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's my Birthday

We had a special breakfast today. We had mandazi which are filled small donuts. Yummy. And as always, a cup of chai and we found out yesterday after our walk around the compound of Tumaini that it is made from the milk of the cows here. Also yummy.

After breakfast one group went for a tour of a local hospital and found that to be impressive. I went with our team leader a few others to buy play ground equipment at a Toys R Us kind of store.  We bought a slide and a sea saw for $500. I bought the same slide for my grandchildren and I know the price in the states. There has to be a better way to get playground toys here.

The best part of my day was a conference call from my two daughters to wish me a happy birthday! It was so good to hear their voices! I love them so much and this was a special surprise and an awesome birthday gift. Love you both.

2 comments: